Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! Great recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots. Don't put away that slow cooker just because warm days are upon us!
Add chicken to the slow cooker in an even layer. Slice the potatoes into quarters and add them to the slow cooker. Place the four chicken breasts over the potatoes. You can cook Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots
- Prepare 1 lb of baby carrots.
- It’s 1 lb of baby red potatoes -halved.
- Prepare 2 of large chicken leg quarters – skin on.
- You need 2/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 tbs of unsalted butter – cold, cut into 12 slices.
- It’s 3 tsp of chicken seasoning.
- You need 1 tbs of cornstarch (optional).
- It’s 1 tbs of cold water (optional).
Pour the soup mixture over the chicken, top with butter, and replace the slow cooker lid. Set the timer for seven hours on low. Once the chicken is cooked, shred with forks, stir the recipe, and serve. Add chicken, potatoes, and vegetables to the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots instructions
- Pour 2/3 cup water into the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Spread baby carrots out in an even layer. Place halved baby red potatoes evenly over carrots. Sprinkle veggies with 1 tsp chicken seasoning..
- Place chicken leg quarters so they don't overlap each other on top of veggies skin side up..
- Arrange 6 slices butter on each leg quarter. Sprinkle 1 tsp chicken seasoning over each leg quarter..
- Place lid on slow cooker. Let cook on low for 6 hrs or on high for 4 hrs..
- Optional: When dish is done you can make a gravy with the juices if you wish. Remove chicken and veggies to a separate platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Wisk together 1 tbs cornstarch and 1 tbs cold water. Switch slow cooker to high if not already. Stir cornstarch slurry into juices. Let cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until thickened..
Mix sauce together in a small bowl. Pour on top of all ingredients. Slow cooker chicken and potatoes is an effortless meal created by cooking chicken and potatoes together in a slow cooker. The key is to lay the potatoes in a single layer at the bottom of the slow cooker and rest the chicken on top of the potatoes. While the chicken cooks it will release juice that will bathe.