Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork. Great recipe for Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork. #mycookbook The apple cider vinegar and ginger is really what makes this dish unique and stand out in taste! Tender red beans, sliced hickory-smoked pork sausage, onion, celery, and bell pepper are spiced with Cajun seasoning in this comforting meal. Best served over hot cooked rice.
First, rinse and sort the beans and then soak them overnight. In the morning, drain the beans and rinse again. Slow cooker Cajun red beans and rice is a hearty dinner full of big bold flavors. You can cook Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork
- Prepare 1 of pd small red beans.
- Prepare 1 of pd large red kidney beans.
- It’s 2 of pds pulled pork or smoked sausage of your choice.
- It’s 5 slices of bacon.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- You need 1 of jalapeno.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dill weed.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp of chicken bullion base.
- It’s 1/4 c of brown sugar (optional).
With limited prep, you can throw this red beans and rice recipe in your slow cooker in the morning and come home to dinner ready and waiting. The perfect meal to warm up chilly nights! Soak – Raw kidney beans need to soak in water for at least five hours.; Boil – Drain the beans and change to a fresh pot of water. Prepare – Once you've followed the previous two instructions, your kidney beans are no longer toxic and can finish cooking in whatever method you prefer, such as in a slow cooker or on the stove top.
Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork instructions
- Cover beans with water and allow to soak overnight. Then, drain beans and remove any bad ones. Set aside..
- Chop bacon into half inch pieces and saute until golden brown and grease is rendered. (I use a magnelite Dutch oven).
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, celery and jalapeno and saute until fragrant and onions are translucent and slightly carmelized..
- Make a paste out of the 2 tbsp of ginger and add to pot. (You can buy ginger already pasted at grocery store) Cook another two minutes..
- Add enough water to cover beans two and half inches then add remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer (covered) on low for two and a half to three hours. Serve over rice..
- I garnished mine with sour cream, jalapeno, dill weed and peperoncini pepper.
The ultimate comfort food: red beans cooked with smoked sausage, then served over rice.. Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice. I used dried dark red beans. Cooked the beans in water and chicken bullion. Followed every step to a "T".