Slow Cooker Curry Chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Combine the coconut milk, curry, turmeric and cayenne; pour over chicken. Put the chicken and all the ingredients for the curry, except the cream and fresh coriander, into the slow cooker pot and give it a good stir.
Gently break up the meat and mix in with the sauce, plus the Garam Masala. Serve and get ready to fall in sweet curry love. Garlic, Ginger & Onion – I use all of these from the freezer, pre prepared. You can cook Slow Cooker Curry Chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Curry Chicken
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- You need 1 (13.5 oz) of can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 (6 oz) of can of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2-3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut up into 2 inch pieces.
Picture this, chicken thighs slowly cooked in spices like coriander, cardamom, cumin, ginger, fenugreek, turmeric, and cayenne pepper are combined with onions, garlic, and coconut milk to create a vibrant, subtle yet strong curry flavor profile. Smash the lemongrass stalk with the flat side of a knife or a meat mallet and. I did not dice the chicken breasts since the slow cooker makes the chicken so tender. Chunks of chicken breast cook slowly in a creamy, curry-flavored sauce with coconut milk, peas, and mushrooms for a nicely spicy take on a slow cooker chicken dish.
Slow Cooker Curry Chicken instructions
- Heat coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and sauté until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Then add the carrots and ginger into the pot, cook for about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- In a medium bowl, add coconut milk, tomato paste, flour, curry powder, garam masala, chili powder, and pepper. Stir until well combined and slightly thickened. Transfer to the pot and cook everything together for another 5 minutes..
- Put the chicken into the slow cooker, then pour the curry sauce on top of it. Stir together. Close the lid, put the temperature to low, and set the timer to six hours..
- After three hours, take off the lid, stir for about a minute, then replace the lid and let cook for another three hours..
Serve over rice or with hot naan bread. Slow Cooker Chicken Curry is made with coconut milk, chicken breasts, an easy curry powder seasoning blend and sweet potatoes. This Crock-Pot Indian curry is healthy, dairy-free, and gluten-free. It makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner when served with rice. This slow cooker chicken curry is inspired by Indian flavours and is the perfect dinner recipe.