slow cooker chicken tacos. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Chicken tacos are a popular dinner in my house. We love tacos because they are so customizable.
Ready to make your taco game even stronger? The good news is that it's not about fancy ingredients, an obscure recipe, or extra time in the kitchen — it's all about the slow cooker, a few spices, and the toppings of your choice. When I think about chicken tacos, I want things simple, fresh, easy, and flavorful. You can have slow cooker chicken tacos using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of slow cooker chicken tacos
- Prepare 3 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- You need 1 of green or red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 1 packages of flour tortillas.
- Prepare of optional toppings.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- You need 1 of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of salsa.
- Prepare 1 of roasted corn.
This recipe hits all those requirements, with taco-spiced shredded. Taco night will look different at our house from now on. Once I made these Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos, I don't know if I can go back to the normal way of using ground beef… and that's hard for me to say because I would usually prefer beef over chicken every time. This Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos recipe is healthy and an easy solution to weeknight night dinner.
slow cooker chicken tacos step by step
- place chicken breast into slow cooker..
- add water and seasonings..
- coarsely chop onion and pepper then add to slow cooker..
- cook on low for 4-6 hours..
- chicken should fall apart when pulled with a fork..
- heat up flour tortillas, keeping them warm by wrapping them in a clean towel..
- just before serving add 1 cup of your favorite salsa..
- finish with your favorite toppings and enjoy..
You can also make this recipe in the Instant Pot! We love how adaptable the flavored chicken is to serve in anything from tacos, burritos, tostadas, enchiladas, and more. Serve chicken taco meat in a lettuce wrap, gluten-free tortilla or on a bed of greens, top with cilantro and add desired toppings. You can use this shredded chicken taco meat in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, salads and more! Every family should have go-to recipes that are easy, convenient and makes a ton to freeze for leftovers.