Crock Pot Autumn Chicken. Spread whole artichokes over bottom of Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Top chicken with marinated artichoke hearts and their liquid. Peel and chop carrots and parsnips and place them in the bottom of the crock pot.
Spread whole artichokes over bottom of crock pot. Top chicken with marinated artichoke hearts and their liquid. Pour wine and vinaigrette over all ingredients. You can have Crock Pot Autumn Chicken using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Autumn Chicken
- Prepare 8 of boneless chicken breasts or you may use chicken thighs instead.
- It’s 1 package of fresh sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweet balsamic dressing (I used Kraft) or any Balsamic dressings-though add 2 teaspoons of suger to sweeten it up some.
- You need 1 can of (about 14 oz.) quartered artichokes drained.
- You need 1 of small jar marinated quartered artichokes (about 6 oz.).
- You need 3/4 cup of dry white cooking wine (or a dry white table wine).
- Prepare 16 oz of cooked egg noodles.
- It’s 1 of fresh chopped parsley for garnish.
- It’s 1 of paprika for garnish.
How to Make Slow Cooker Autumn Chicken. Spread whole artichoke hearts over bottom of crock pot or slow cooker. Top with half of the mushrooms. Layer chicken tenders over the mushrooms.
Crock Pot Autumn Chicken step by step
- In your crockpot or slow cooker first layer your drained 14 oz. can of quartered artichokes as your bottom layer. Then add 1/2 of your mushrooms. Then your 8 chicken breasts. Finish layering with your jar of marinated artichokes (with liquid) and the rest of your mushrooms..
- In a bowl mix together your 1/2 cup sweet balsamic dressing and your 3/4 cup white wine. Pour over chicken. Cover crockpot and cook on high for 4-4 1/2 hours..
- When cooking is finished; on a plate place a bed of cooked egg noodles down then spoon a chicken breast with sauce, mushrooms and artichokes atop noodles. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and a dash of paprika and serve..
Top chicken with marinated artichoke hearts with liquid. Peel and chop carrots and parsnips and place them in the bottom of the crock pot. Cut squash into chunks and slice off the skin. Sprinkle desired amounts of salt, pepper and nutmeg on top of squash and drizzle enough honey on top to lightly cover the squash. Top with half of the mushrooms.