Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala. Slow cookers are incredibly convenient for making meals, especially during the fall time. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala.
Place chicken thighs in tomato mixture. Crock pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe. Have you been putting off making Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe? You can cook Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato puree (29oz).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need of chopped parsley or cilantro.
I know it sounds fancy but it is actually quite simple thanks to the crock pot. The chicken is so amazingly tender that it falls apart and the sauce is even richer from being slow cooked all day. I am obsessed with chicken tikka masala and let's be real — Indian food for that matter. Whenever I go to an Indian restaurant, as American as this is, I always order chicken tikka masala.
Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala step by step
- Add all ingredients up to the cayenne pepper in the crock pot and stir until chicken is well coated..
- Add two bay leaves and cook for 8 hours on low..
- When done, whisk together heavy cream and cornstarch, then pour into crockpot and stir..
- Cook additional 20 minutes, then serve over rice..
I like trying each restaurant's own take on chicken tikka masala and most of the time I have not been disappointed. In the bowl of slow cooker, combine chicken, yogurt, and coriander; season with salt and pepper. Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, and spices, then add tomatoes. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. You can definitely make chicken tikka masala without a crock pot.